FRC to grill Sanusi, Alade, Lemo, Akingbola, 10 others

The Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRC) will tomorrow and Thursday question the suspended Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi; CBN Acting Governor, Dr. Sarah Alade; former CBN Deputy Governor, Operations, Tunde Lemo; CBN Deputy Governor, Operations, Dr. Kingsley Moghalu; and former Managing Director/CEO of the defunct Intercontinental Bank Plc, Mr. Erastus Akingbola.

Also to be questioned are the Managing Director of the Bank of Industry (BoI), Ms Evelyn Oputu; CBN Deputy Governor, Corporate Services, Alhaji Suleiman Barau; Mr. Babatunde Dayo; Mr. Gabriel Okpeh and Mr. Ezekiel Ejedele.

Also to appear before the FRC hearing panel are the former Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Security, Printing and Minting Company (NSPMC), Mr. Ehi’ E Okoyomon; Alhaji Ahmed Barmali; Mr. Igho Dafinone; the immediate past Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank, Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imokhuede; and his successor, Mr. Herbert Wigwe.

While Sanusi, Aalde, Lemo and six others are expected to appear at the interrogation to be held at the FRC head office in Lagos on Thursday at 11 am, Akingbola, Aig-Imoukuede, Wigwe and three others are to appear at the same time tomorrow.

The FRC said in a newspaper advert published yesterday that it is investigating the activities of the CBN for financial years ended December 31, 2011 and 2012. The investigation, the council said, includes related matters arising from transactions and events, which impacted on the 2011 and 2012 from earlier years and have implications for later periods.

“We wish to inform the under-listed persons that the FRC is investigating the activities of the CBN for financial years ended December 31, 2011 and 2012. This investigation includes related matters arising from transactions and events, which impacted on 2011 and 2012 from earlier years and have implications for later periods,” the report said.

The FRC management said letters had been sent to the concerned persons before the current invitation to hearing.

Sanusi was suspended on February 20 by President Goodluck Jonathan for alleged financial recklessness. That was after he said the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) had failed to remit $20 billion oil revenue to the Federation Account. He has denied any wrongdoing. – The Nation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

x

Check Also

APC committee: Nigerians want power devolution, says El-Rufai

Majority of the  members of the Nasir El-Rufai-led All Progressives Congress Committee on true federalism ...