TheCitizen - It's all about you
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials
No Result
View All Result
TheCitizen - It's all about you
No Result
View All Result

Joshua steps out to fight Fury, Welder

The Editor by The Editor
February 1 2023
in Sport
A A
0
Tyson Fury cancels fight with Anthony Joshua

British-Nigerian boxer Anthony Joshua says he will like to fight both Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder before the end of 2023.

The former two-time unified heavyweight champion is in the rebuilding phase of his career, after losing three out of his last five fights, including two to Oleksandr Usyk. The boxer is also considering a training camp move to the United States for a change of scenery.

His promoter, Eddie Hearn is planning a ring return for Joshua (24-3, 22 KOs) with a date of April 1. The likely opponent is durable contender Jermaine Franklin.

“It won’t be hard to find an opponent to fight me,” Joshua told IFL TV.

Should Joshua get through his return fight, he wants to jump straight to the top of the division once again with a big fight.

“(Fury) or (Deontay) Wilder in 2023. Both of them will be a good night and a hard night’s work. But yeah, 2023 is (Fury or Wilder – or potentially both.”

Joshua has long been in discussions to face Wilder and Fury throughout the years.

Joshua’s team has made considerable progress negotiating with Fury’s team over the last couple of years, but the initial interest has always ended in failure due to a number of factors.

When Joshua was asked if the chances of a Fury fight was over once and for all, he remained positive on the possibility of a super fight.

“In my heart, no (it’s not over). But if you listen to what (Fury) says, it’s up and down. But I’m sure he’ll fight me. I don’t think his dad will let him not fight me. His dad’s a proper guy, I like his dad. So yeah,” Joshua said.  Hearn has also shared that he wants Joshua to fight three times this year, but he’s floated the idea of Dillian Whyte as an opponent in the summer, and Wilder after that.

Joshua has previously stated that the Wilder fight “has to happen” because they both are from the same era. – Agency report.

Previous Post

Osun tribunal: Aide denies Adeleke certificate forgery

Next Post

Governors should act on death row inmates – Punch

Next Post
COVID-19: Security operatives foil attempted jailbreak in Kaduna

Governors should act on death row inmates - Punch

Akwa Ibom spends N1bn to fight Covid-19

PDP condemns Tinubu’s alleged threat to Gov. Emmanuel

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials

© 2026 TheCitizen Ng. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials

© 2026 TheCitizen Ng. All Rights Reserved.