TheCitizen - It's all about you
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials
No Result
View All Result
TheCitizen - It's all about you
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials
No Result
View All Result
TheCitizen - It's all about you
No Result
View All Result

FG to publish more reports on arms deal scandal – Lai Mohammed

The Citizen by The Citizen
July 16 2016
in Headlines, Latest News, Uncategorized
A A
0

The Federal Government has disclosed that more in­vestigative reports on the audit of defence equipment procurement in the Armed Forces from 2007-2015 will soon be released. This was coming as government de­nied that the report of the probe panel released on Thursday was doctored to protect some interests and indicted officials.

Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mo­hammed, who gave the as­surance on Friday said what has been released so far is the report of audit covering 2011 to 2015, adding that the Committee would com­mence the audit of procure­ment from 2007 to 2010 as soon as the necessary docu­ments are available.

‘’When the documents regarding the procurement from 2007 to 2010 are available and scrutinized, the committee will issue its report on that. The audit is being done in phases, and the report that was released on Thursday is the third of such,’’ the minister said.

He assured that the Fed­eral Government’s anti-corruption fight is non-dis­criminatory, and called on Nigerians to keep an open mind as events unfold.

‘’No one should at­tempt to detract from the seriousness of the issues involved in this au­dit of defence equip­ment procurement. It is important to note that even though the total amount spent for procurement and operations within the period were N185,843,052,564.30 and $685,349,692.49, the irregularities in the awards ensured that the military did not get value for mon­ey, with very serious consequences,’’ the minister said.

Recall that Presi­dent Muhammadu Buhari, had on Thurs­day ordered the probe of two former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihe­jirika and Lt. Gen. Kenneth Minimah.

The two generals are among 54 persons to be investigated for their roles in the arms scandals that saw bil­lions of dollars meant for arms for the pros­ecution of the war against Boko Haram diverted into private pockets.

Chairman of the presidential Commit­tee on the Audit of Defence Equipment Procurement in the Armed Forces, AVM Jon Ode (retd.), in a statement in Abuja on Thursday said the order followed the approval of the rec­ommendation of the committee charged with investigating the Defence Equipment Procurement from 2007 to 2015, for fur­ther investigation of those involved. The committee had found a number of irregu­larities in the contract awards.

Among those to be investigated are 18 serving and retired military personnel, 12 serving and retired public officials and 24 Chief Executive Offi­cers of companies in­volved in the procure­ment. Those allegedly involved were either accounting officers or those who played key roles in the Nigerian Army procurement activities during the period under review.

Others listed for probe included a for­mer Minister of State for Foreign Affairs II, Dr. Nurudeen Mo­hammed, and three former Permanent Secretaries in the Ministry of Defence – Mr. Bukar Goni Aji, Mr. Haruna Sanusi and Mr. E.O. Oyemo­mi.

The Chief Ex­ecutive Officers to be investigated also include Col. Olu Bamgbose (retd.) of Bamverde Limited; Mr. Amity Sade of Doiyatec Comms Nigeria Ltd.; DYI Global Services and Mr. Edward Churchill of Westgate Global Trust Ltd. Accord­ing to the Commit­tee, the total amount spent for procurement and operations within the period was N185, 843,052,564.30 and $685,349,692.49.

The committee found that the Ni­gerian Army con­tract awarded by the Ministry of Defence for the period under review were often awarded without “sig­nificant input from end-user (Nigerian Army) and to vendors who lacked the tech­nical competence.”

The report also revealed, “As an ex­ample, three contracts with a total value of N5,940,000,000.00 were awarded to DYI Global Services Ltd. and Doiyatec Com­ms Nigeria Limited (owned by the same individuals) for the procurement of mili­tary hardware includ­ing 20 units of KM-38 Twin Hull Boats and six units of 4X4 Am­bulances fitted with radios.”

Previous Post

EFCC releases Fani-Kayode from custody

Next Post

Military set to launch operation to checkmate Fulani herdsmen

Related Posts

UK warns citizens against travel to 28 Nigerian states over terrorism, kidnap risk
Global News

UK warns citizens against travel to 28 Nigerian states over terrorism, kidnap risk

August 21 2026
Country of Particular Concern: We cannot remove Nigeria’s CPC tag — US Congressman insists
Global News

Country of Particular Concern: We cannot remove Nigeria’s CPC tag — US Congressman insists

August 21 2026
DSS rejects foreign funding for proposed security trust fund
Headlines

DSS alerts Sokoto as terrorists target tertiary institutions

August 21 2026
Governance

States get special N435bn for security, infrastructure

August 21 2026
Auto Draft
Headlines

Presidency, OPS kick against Atiku’s petrol subsidy push

August 21 2026
2027 Elections: Tinubu, Obi, others sign peace pact, vow issue-based campaigns
Headlines

2027 Elections: Tinubu, Obi, others sign peace pact, vow issue-based campaigns

August 20 2026
Next Post

Military set to launch operation to checkmate Fulani herdsmen

Army overthrows govt in Turkey ...it’s a lesson to dictatorial leaders - Obiozor

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

FROM THE GRASSROOTS

Adeleke chairmen seize Osun LG secretariats

Adeleke chairmen seize Osun LG secretariats

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

...

APM sweeps Bauchi LG poll, wins all 20 chairmanship seats

APM sweeps Bauchi LG poll, wins all 20 chairmanship seats

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

...

Lagos Council defies NLC directive to skip Pro-Tinubu Group inauguration

Lagos Council defies NLC directive to skip Pro-Tinubu Group inauguration

by The Editor
August 12 2026
0

...

Federal High Court relocates Lagos division to new complex

Federal High Court relocates Lagos division to new complex

by The Editor
August 6 2026
0

...

APPOINTMENTS

Tinubu names new Head of Service

Tinubu names new Head of Service

by The Editor
August 19 2026
0

...

Sahara Upstream positions Arahas and SGIR for next growth phase, deepens investment in African oilfield services

Sahara Upstream positions Arahas and SGIR for next growth phase, deepens investment in African oilfield services

by The Editor
August 8 2026
0

...

Police IG deploys new CPs to eight states, other formations

Police IG deploys new CPs to eight states, other formations

by The Editor
August 7 2026
0

...

Katsina governor swears in four permanent secretaries

Katsina governor swears in four permanent secretaries

by The Editor
August 6 2026
0

...

ODDITIES

Man sets mother on fire in Cross River over witchcraft accusation

Man sets mother on fire in Cross River over witchcraft accusation

by The Editor
August 20 2026
0

Celestial Church begins probe into Temitope Osoba’s death

Celestial Church begins probe into Temitope Osoba’s death

by The Editor
August 13 2026
0

Indimi joins appeal against $43.5m judgement award to daughters

Indimi joins appeal against $43.5m judgement award to daughters

by The Editor
August 6 2026
0

GLOBAL NEWS

UK warns citizens against travel to 28 Nigerian states over terrorism, kidnap risk

UK warns citizens against travel to 28 Nigerian states over terrorism, kidnap risk

by The Editor
August 21 2026
0

...

Country of Particular Concern: We cannot remove Nigeria’s CPC tag — US Congressman insists

Country of Particular Concern: We cannot remove Nigeria’s CPC tag — US Congressman insists

by The Editor
August 21 2026
0

...

Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

Canada invites 1,000 candidates to apply for permanent residence

by The Editor
August 20 2026
0

...

Trump threatens to bomb Oman

Trump threatens to bomb Oman

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

...

Putin defies Trump with second nuclear weapons test

Russia summons Japan ambassador over disputed islands row

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

...

State of the States

Gov. Otu bows to pressure, orders release of detained critic Odama

Gov. Otu bows to pressure, orders release of detained critic Odama

by The Editor
August 20 2026
0

...

2027: Makinde to unveil APM presidential campaign council Friday

Oyo declares Thursday work-free for 2026 Isese day

by The Editor
August 19 2026
0

...

Gov. Adeleke deposes Oba Joseph Oloyede, Apetu of Ipetumodu

Account Freeze: Adeleke orders Osun Attorney-General to withdraw suit against EFCC

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

...

Lagos leads January 2026 FAAC allocations with N55.83bn

Sanwo-Olu inducts 1,000 as Lagos internship beneficiaries hit 8,000

by The Editor
August 13 2026
0

...

Plugin Install : Widget Tab Post needs JNews - View Counter to be installed
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
BREAKING: Kidnapped Oyo pupils, teachers regain freedom

Terror victims deserve care – Punch

August 21 2026
Gospel singer Asu Ekiye announces end of 28-year marriage

Gospel singer Asu Ekiye announces end of 28-year marriage

August 21 2026
2027: Okorocha sues INEC, APC, Uzodimma over Imo West ticket

2027: Okorocha sues INEC, APC, Uzodimma over Imo West ticket

August 21 2026
UK warns citizens against travel to 28 Nigerian states over terrorism, kidnap risk

UK warns citizens against travel to 28 Nigerian states over terrorism, kidnap risk

August 21 2026

EDITORIAL REVIEW

BREAKING: Kidnapped Oyo pupils, teachers regain freedom

Terror victims deserve care – Punch

by The Editor
August 21 2026
0

Unfilled tertiary education spaces debacle – Punch

Unfilled tertiary education spaces debacle – Punch

by The Editor
August 20 2026
0

Reps in rowdy session over motion to summon Tinubu

Accounting for recovered assets – Punch

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

Stop recruiting youths for election violence – Punch

Stop recruiting youths for election violence – Punch

by The Editor
August 12 2026
0

‘Fake’ Agency: Adeyemi insists DG appointment genuine

Country of ghost workers, ghost MDAs – Punch

by The Editor
August 11 2026
0

Opinion

How Adeleke danced back from the dead

How Adeleke danced back from the dead

by The Editor
August 19 2026
0

...

Adeleke’s win and the cost of winning at all costs

Adeleke’s win and the cost of winning at all costs

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

...

Airtime credit dispute and need for clarity

Airtime credit dispute and need for clarity

by The Editor
August 5 2026
0

...

Tinubu swears in four Permanent Secretaries, INEC commissioner

Tinubu: The Audacity to Hope – Three years after

by The Editor
July 31 2026
0

...

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials

© 2026 TheCitizen Ng. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials

© 2026 TheCitizen Ng. All Rights Reserved.