TheCitizen - It's all about you
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials
No Result
View All Result
TheCitizen - It's all about you
No Result
View All Result

Boko Haram: Lai Mohammed, a reckless propagandist – Third Force

The Citizen by The Citizen
December 25 2015
in Headlines, Latest News, Uncategorized
A A
1

A coalition of young Nigerian politicians and professionals under the aegis of The Third Force has lambasted the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, for engaging in cheap propaganda to give the President Muhammadu Buhari regime some face.

The Third Force in a statement on Thursday said Mohammed’s claim that the military has met the deadline for the defeat of terror group, Boko Haram, was a bare faced lie. In the statement signed by the group’s spokesman, Ishaq Abubakar, The Third Force said the Army might not meet the deadline given the nature of attacks by Boko Haram in December.
The group described Mohammed as a reckless propagandist. The statement reads: “While the defeat and end of Boko Haram in Nigeria is a dream all well-meaning citizens of Nigeria desire and have supported the government and the Nigerian Army to accomplish, The THIRD Force however believes that there should be limits to reckless and irresponsible propaganda especially when it is coming from the office of a public officer paid with taxpayers’ money.

“Lai Mohammed’s hasty declaration on Tuesday that Boko Haram has been defeated was not only misguided but an idiotic attempt to end the war against Boko Haram on the pages of newspapers.
“We understand that the Nigerian government has been under pressure to show the world that the December deadline to end Boko Haram given by President Buhari to the Nigerian Army is feasible. But the reality on ground suggests otherwise. No fewer than 1,500 Nigerians were killed by Boko Haram in the past six months according to Associated Press reports.
“Only last week, Boko Haram attacks in the northeast of Nigeria left over 30 dead and 20 others wounded. News of the attacks was slow to emerge because telecom masts in the area have been destroyed in previous Boko Haram raids, hindering communication. Many more attacks are happening on a daily basis that do not make the news headlines. Is this normal? Are these not Nigerian citizens or are they mere statistics in Lai Mohammed’s school of governance by propaganda?“

Just last Thursday, Boko Haram insurgents killed 14 people, decapitating some of them, when they raided Kamuya village, the hometown of Lt. General Tukur Buratai, the Nigerian Army Chief’s mother, and burnt it down. Are these mere statistics or is Lai Mohammed telling the world that this is normal in a country where terrorism has been defeated?“

Even if the war against Boko Haram has been won and Lai Mohammed can now relocate from the comfort of Abuja to Maiduguri, what is the strategic sense in this needless public bravado? Would it not have been wiser to wait a few weeks to assess the extent of  this “victory” before rushing to town to celebrate?“

Lai Mohammed will soon realize the hard way that there is a wide gulf between being the spokesperson of the government of a country of over 170 million citizens and being the spokesperson of an opposition party.

“Let it be on record that by declaring this phantom victory against Boko Haram, Lai Mohammed is helping the government of Nigeria endanger more Nigerian lives. Such a thoughtlessly provocative statement from a senior Nigerian government official is capable of eliciting a response from Boko Haram and their allies through bomb blasts and brutal attacks against defenceless Nigerian citizens.

“Lai Mohammed must now begin to pray. He must pray hard that the Boko Haram he defeated on the pages of newspapers are actually defeated and remain defeated. The blood of any Nigerian citizens lost to fresh Boko Haram attacks after this careless statement will be upon his head.”. The Eagle Online.

Previous Post

CBN cautions banks on regulations, int’l best practices

Next Post

Don’t write off Buhari yet – David Mark tells Nigerians

Related Posts

Pres. Tinubu presides over FEC meeting
Headlines

Pres. Tinubu presides over FEC meeting

August 19 2026
Defence Minister meets ex-servicemen, promises to address demands
Latest News

Defence Minister meets ex-servicemen, promises to address demands

August 19 2026
Edo govt shuts schools as DSS uncovers plot to abduct students
Headlines

Terrorists kill 28 in Sokoto community

August 18 2026
Tinubu orders 24-hour aerial cordon on Kwara, Kebbi, Niger forests
Latest News

Troops foil mass abduction in Zamfara

August 18 2026
ASUU threatens strike as 200 lecturers leave Kaduna Varsity
Headlines

ASUU threatens strike as 200 lecturers leave Kaduna Varsity

August 18 2026
Latest News

Xenophobia: 83 more Nigerians to return from South Africa Wednesday

August 18 2026
Next Post

Don’t write off Buhari yet – David Mark tells Nigerians

Budget 2016: FG raises transportation ministry’s allocation by 1,428%

Comments 1

  1. EASY says:
    11 years ago

    Alhaji Lai Mohammed should by now realise that he needs to change his way of thinking and reasoning and let this reflect on the way he would be coming out to public. Nigerians are not fools and have capable citizens who could occupy political office and do sensibly.
    He should not continue to insult our intelligence
    We need sincere citizens to assist this administration in moving us out of the wood. If we continue with the kind of opposition propagandist and deceitful diplomacy it’s just a matter of time.
    Alhaji Layi should remember that history would not forgive him if he derail this administration give them a false hope without letting them see realities in the game of diplomacy
    This kind of propaganda has elude us of opportunity to mitigate this squander mania and tension that charterised the re

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

FROM THE GRASSROOTS

Adeleke chairmen seize Osun LG secretariats

Adeleke chairmen seize Osun LG secretariats

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

...

APM sweeps Bauchi LG poll, wins all 20 chairmanship seats

APM sweeps Bauchi LG poll, wins all 20 chairmanship seats

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

...

Lagos Council defies NLC directive to skip Pro-Tinubu Group inauguration

Lagos Council defies NLC directive to skip Pro-Tinubu Group inauguration

by The Editor
August 12 2026
0

...

Federal High Court relocates Lagos division to new complex

Federal High Court relocates Lagos division to new complex

by The Editor
August 6 2026
0

...

APPOINTMENTS

Sahara Upstream positions Arahas and SGIR for next growth phase, deepens investment in African oilfield services

Sahara Upstream positions Arahas and SGIR for next growth phase, deepens investment in African oilfield services

by The Editor
August 8 2026
0

...

Police IG deploys new CPs to eight states, other formations

Police IG deploys new CPs to eight states, other formations

by The Editor
August 7 2026
0

...

Katsina governor swears in four permanent secretaries

Katsina governor swears in four permanent secretaries

by The Editor
August 6 2026
0

...

Rivers State not for political war, says Fubara

Gov. Fubara swears in 12 perm secs, urges commitment

by The Editor
July 31 2026
0

...

ODDITIES

Celestial Church begins probe into Temitope Osoba’s death

Celestial Church begins probe into Temitope Osoba’s death

by The Editor
August 13 2026
0

Indimi joins appeal against $43.5m judgement award to daughters

Indimi joins appeal against $43.5m judgement award to daughters

by The Editor
August 6 2026
0

Nigerian woman in Canada demands husband swear oath against cheating before visa sponsorship

Nigerian woman in Canada demands husband swear oath against cheating before visa sponsorship

by The Editor
July 23 2026
0

GLOBAL NEWS

Trump threatens to bomb Oman

Trump threatens to bomb Oman

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

...

Putin defies Trump with second nuclear weapons test

Russia summons Japan ambassador over disputed islands row

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

...

WHO sounds alarm on ebola outbreak

by The Editor
August 13 2026
0

...

Rescuers scramble for survivors with 180 dead in Colombia earthquake

Rescuers scramble for survivors with 180 dead in Colombia earthquake

by The Editor
August 12 2026
0

...

Trump hides in catering truck to evade alleged Iran threat

Trump hides in catering truck to evade alleged Iran threat

by The Editor
August 11 2026
0

...

State of the States

2027: Makinde to unveil APM presidential campaign council Friday

Oyo declares Thursday work-free for 2026 Isese day

by The Editor
August 19 2026
0

...

Gov. Adeleke deposes Oba Joseph Oloyede, Apetu of Ipetumodu

Account Freeze: Adeleke orders Osun Attorney-General to withdraw suit against EFCC

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

...

Lagos leads January 2026 FAAC allocations with N55.83bn

Sanwo-Olu inducts 1,000 as Lagos internship beneficiaries hit 8,000

by The Editor
August 13 2026
0

...

Gov. Adeleke deposes Oba Joseph Oloyede, Apetu of Ipetumodu

Gov. Adeleke declares Friday work-free day for Osun workers

by The Editor
August 12 2026
0

...

Plugin Install : Widget Tab Post needs JNews - View Counter to be installed
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Military relocates Operation Safe Haven HQ following Plateau killings

Military relocates Operation Safe Haven HQ following Plateau killings

August 19 2026
Sanwo-Olu gifts LASU best graduating students N20m each

Sanwo-Olu gifts LASU best graduating students N20m each

August 19 2026
2027: Makinde to unveil APM presidential campaign council Friday

Oyo declares Thursday work-free for 2026 Isese day

August 19 2026
Shettima resumes duties after two-week leave

Shettima resumes duties after two-week leave

August 19 2026

EDITORIAL REVIEW

Reps in rowdy session over motion to summon Tinubu

Accounting for recovered assets – Punch

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

Stop recruiting youths for election violence – Punch

Stop recruiting youths for election violence – Punch

by The Editor
August 12 2026
0

‘Fake’ Agency: Adeyemi insists DG appointment genuine

Country of ghost workers, ghost MDAs – Punch

by The Editor
August 11 2026
0

FG embarks on expansion, decongestion of custodial centres

Prison reform can’t wait any longer – Punch

by The Editor
August 9 2026
0

Osun’s toxic election buildup – Punch

Osun’s toxic election buildup – Punch

by The Editor
August 7 2026
0

Opinion

How Adeleke danced back from the dead

How Adeleke danced back from the dead

by The Editor
August 19 2026
0

...

Adeleke’s win and the cost of winning at all costs

Adeleke’s win and the cost of winning at all costs

by The Editor
August 18 2026
0

...

Airtime credit dispute and need for clarity

Airtime credit dispute and need for clarity

by The Editor
August 5 2026
0

...

Tinubu swears in four Permanent Secretaries, INEC commissioner

Tinubu: The Audacity to Hope – Three years after

by The Editor
July 31 2026
0

...

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials

© 2026 TheCitizen Ng. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials

© 2026 TheCitizen Ng. All Rights Reserved.