TheCitizen - It's all about you
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials
No Result
View All Result
TheCitizen - It's all about you
No Result
View All Result

Terror alert: Julius Berger, affiliates shut down operations in Abuja

The Citizen by The Citizen
October 31 2022
in Latest News
A A
0
4th Mainland Bridge: Lagos shortlists Julius Berger, CCECC, 8 others

Anxiety has continued to build up with more multinationals closing shop in Abuja as the United States government charged its citizens against travelling to Abuja due to a heightened terror alert.

After it was widely reported on social and conventional media that ambassadors of the US, UK and others departed Abuja in droves, the latest to respond by shutting down its operation is Julius Berger Plc and her affiliates.
This is just as the popular Jabi Lake Mall last week closed shop in response to the security alert.

In a statement signed by the company’s Managing Director and Corporate Security Manager, Engr. Lars Richter and Poul Nielsen respectively, the company advised its staff to avoid public premises during the weekend.

The statement stated: “In response to the ongoing security concern within the FCT and Central Abuja.

“It is advised to avoid all public events within the FCT environment, including: Supermarkets, restaurants, hotels, bars, clubs and other areas where many meet. This advice is applicable from, 28.10.2022 in the evening until Monday, 31.10.2022 in the morning.

“It remains possible to move to other JBN work or residential locations throughout the weekend.

“Your safety is our primary concern.”

Though the official letter head paper of Julius Berger was used and it emanated from the MD’s office, other affiliates mentioned in the adversory were AFP, Prime Tech, Abumen, JBMS and JBSN whose staff should also respond to the security alert and close shop.

However, in all these, the FG has played down on the seriousness of any security threat.
On Friday workers at the Federal Secretariat, Abuja hurriedly closed and vacated their offices. It was not clear if there was any circular asking workers to close or where the directive came from, but the panic was visible.

The DSS , in the wake of the tension last week said it was a normal advisory and that there was nothing to worry over, they called on the public to remain calm as they were on top of the matter. The Police equally said they were on top of the situation.

The FCT Administration on their part equally called for calm and said they were already taking measures to curb any security hitch.

Previous Post

Kidnappers demand N20m to free two MAPOLY students

Next Post

Afenifere: Adebanjo insists on Peter Obi as Fasoranti backs Bola Tinubu

Related Posts

Police arrest officer for threating to kill anyone recording him on duty
Latest News

Police arrest officer for threating to kill anyone recording him on duty

May 21 2026
Terrorists responsible for Oyo kidnapping, says DHQ
Latest News

Terrorists responsible for Oyo kidnapping, says DHQ

May 21 2026
FG budgets N135bn for 2027 election lawsuits
Headlines

Tinubu denies plans to rename Nigeria, abolish Sharia law

May 21 2026
91 groups seek INEC registration as coalition talks gather steam
Headlines

Court vacates INEC deadline for primaries, nomination of candidates

May 21 2026
Rivers State: I have no links to militants, says Fubara
Headlines

BREAKING: Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primary

May 20 2026
Oyo school attacks: A call to action for South West governors – Punch
Latest News

Kidnappers abduct two Cocoa Institute workers in Oyo, police arrest two

May 20 2026
Next Post
Afenifere: Adebanjo insists on Peter Obi as Fasoranti backs Bola Tinubu

Afenifere: Adebanjo insists on Peter Obi as Fasoranti backs Bola Tinubu

2023: Nigerians need to scrutinise all presidential candidates – Northern Elders

2023: Nigerians need to scrutinise all presidential candidates – Northern Elders

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

FROM THE GRASSROOTS

Alaafin urges FG to strengthen native intelligence after Oyo school attacks

Alaafin urges FG to strengthen native intelligence after Oyo school attacks

by The Editor
May 17 2026
0

...

Gov. Adeleke deposes Oba Joseph Oloyede, Apetu of Ipetumodu

Gov. Adeleke deposes Oba Joseph Oloyede, Apetu of Ipetumodu

by The Editor
May 12 2026
0

...

Ebonyi State lifts 3-month curfew after bloody boundary crisis

Ebonyi State lifts 3-month curfew after bloody boundary crisis

by The Editor
May 5 2026
0

...

Ondo community begs Gov. Aiyedatiwa to intervene in regent appointment crisis

Ondo community begs Gov. Aiyedatiwa to intervene in regent appointment crisis

by The Editor
April 30 2026
0

...

APPOINTMENTS

Elumelu joins Seplat board after $496m share acquisition

Elumelu joins Seplat board after $496m share acquisition

by The Editor
May 21 2026
0

...

Tinubu appoints 39-year-old Prof as new JAMB registrar

Tinubu appoints 39-year-old Prof as new JAMB registrar

by The Editor
May 21 2026
0

...

Soludo reshuffles power structure, swears in 18 Commissioners

Soludo reshuffles power structure, swears in 18 Commissioners

by The Editor
May 18 2026
0

...

Tinubu creates Homeland Security adviser role, appoints ex-army general

Tinubu creates Homeland Security adviser role, appoints ex-army general

by The Editor
May 11 2026
0

...

ODDITIES

Police arrest officer for threating to kill anyone recording him on duty

Police arrest officer for threating to kill anyone recording him on duty

by The Editor
May 21 2026
0

Hoodlums rape Lagos sexagenarian to death

Hoodlums rape Lagos sexagenarian to death

by The Editor
May 18 2026
0

Woman allegedly beats 9-yr-old stepdaughter to death

Woman allegedly beats 9-yr-old stepdaughter to death

by The Editor
May 12 2026
0

GLOBAL NEWS

Tinubu to launch AU combined maritime task force for Gulf of Guinea

Tinubu to launch AU combined maritime task force for Gulf of Guinea

by The Editor
May 21 2026
0

...

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

by The Editor
May 18 2026
0

...

Trump to visit China for high-stakes talks with Xi Jinping

Trump to visit China for high-stakes talks with Xi Jinping

by The Editor
May 12 2026
0

...

Macron in fresh push to rebuild France-Africa partnership

Macron in fresh push to rebuild France-Africa partnership

by The Editor
May 12 2026
0

...

Instagram ends support for end-to-end encrypted DMs

Instagram ends support for end-to-end encrypted DMs

by The Editor
May 8 2026
0

...

State of the States

Kano closes schools for Eid-el-Kabir

Kano closes schools for Eid-el-Kabir

by The Editor
May 20 2026
0

...

Insecurity: I can end banditry in two months, says Zamfara governor

Zamfara approves pension, salary review for retirees

by The Editor
May 18 2026
0

...

Gov. Radda gifts cars to outstanding Katsina students

Gov. Radda gifts cars to outstanding Katsina students

by The Editor
May 12 2026
0

...

Okpebholo promises justice for slain UNIBEN student

Okpebholo promises justice for slain UNIBEN student

by The Editor
May 11 2026
0

...

Plugin Install : Widget Tab Post needs JNews - View Counter to be installed
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
NDLEA launches radio station, warns against pop culture glorifying drug abuse

NDLEA launches radio station, warns against pop culture glorifying drug abuse

May 21 2026
Tinubu to launch AU combined maritime task force for Gulf of Guinea

Tinubu to launch AU combined maritime task force for Gulf of Guinea

May 21 2026
APC declares Hamzat Lagos governorship candidate for 2027

APC declares Hamzat Lagos governorship candidate for 2027

May 21 2026
Jamilu Gwamna clinches Gombe APC governorship ticket

Jamilu Gwamna clinches Gombe APC governorship ticket

May 21 2026

EDITORIAL REVIEW

Mass failure: JAMB, VCs to review UTME results Thursday

UTME reforms, admissions waivers – Punch

by The Editor
May 20 2026
0

In 2027 elections, voter apathy looms large – Punch

In 2027 elections, voter apathy looms large – Punch

by The Editor
May 18 2026
0

Oyo school attacks: A call to action for South West governors – Punch

Oyo school attacks: A call to action for South West governors – Punch

by The Editor
May 17 2026
0

Urgent measures needed against hantavirus – Punch

Urgent measures needed against hantavirus – Punch

by The Editor
May 10 2026
0

Nigeria at critical juncture – Vanguard

The cost of living crisis is becoming a national emergency – PM News

by The Editor
May 7 2026
0

Opinion

The dangers of a one-party state

The dangers of a one-party state

by The Editor
May 5 2026
0

...

Dear Senator Tinubu, Buhari has thrashed us all!

NBC’s real struggle

by The Editor
April 30 2026
0

...

Even INEC admonishes the media?

Even INEC admonishes the media?

by The Editor
April 12 2026
0

...

Enugu: Gov Mbah presents N521.5bn budget for 2024

Mbah: From contested mandate to constructive governance in Enugu

by The Editor
April 9 2026
0

...

Plugin Install : Popular Post Widget need JNews - View Counter to be installed
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials

© 2026 TheCitizen Ng. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials

© 2026 TheCitizen Ng. All Rights Reserved.