TheCitizen - It's all about you
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials
No Result
View All Result
TheCitizen - It's all about you
No Result
View All Result

Jonathan was not booed in South Africa —Abati

The Citizen by The Citizen
May 26 2014
in Headlines, Uncategorized
A A
0

The Presidency on Sunday denied media reports that President Goodluck Jonathan was booed by “BringBackOurGirls” campaigners during his visit to South Africa on Saturday for the inauguration of President Jacob Zuma for a second term in office.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati, in a statement in Abuja, denied that anything like that took place, saying that those peddling the rumour were only interested in discrediting the administration.

Abati said that the relationship between Nigeria and South Africa was strong and had been waxing stronger, especially because of the good personal relationship between leaders of the two countries.

“In the last three years, the relationship between both countries has even grown stronger and has also been helped by the personal good relationship between both President Jonathan and President Zuma which is why it is  unfortunate that on our arrival, I read one or two reports alleging that the president was jeered at the inauguration ceremony.

“This is absolutely untrue and those who are peddling that kind of misinformation are being unfair. They are being uncharitable and it fits into an ongoing attempt to throw just about anything at this administration in an attempt to discredit it.

“What we witnessed in South Africa is that the people showed much appreciation of President Jonathan’s presence at the inauguration ceremony and President Jonathan received great hospitality in terms of the response from the people.

“The whole world recognises the challenge that we face in Nigeria at the moment, in relation to the abduction of the girls and the challenge of terrorism. Yes, the outrage is shared, both by Nigerians and other people all over the world, but the world also realises that terrorism is a global challenge and this administration continues to show a great resolve to deal with the problem,” he said.

Previous Post

Two policemen feared dead in Arepo pipeline explosion

Next Post

We didn’t give NEXIM N200bn, CBN tells Reps

Next Post

We didn’t give NEXIM N200bn, CBN tells Reps

Crude oil sale: APC chieftain drags Alison-Madueke to court

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials

© 2026 TheCitizen Ng. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Headlines
  • Latest News
  • Governance
  • Business
  • Financial Crimes
  • Opinion
  • Editorials

© 2026 TheCitizen Ng. All Rights Reserved.