Borno State Deputy Governor, Zanna Mustapha, has dismissed speculations that Boko Haram insurgents have taken over Bama, saying the military remains in charge.
Addressing a press conference yesterday in Maiduguri, Zanna maintained that Bama had not fallen into the hands of the terrorists.
“Bama has not fallen into the hands of the insurgents. The military is in control. The attack on Bama town yesterday (Monday), was very unfortunate, but I want to reassure our people that government is on top of the situation. Already, those in camp are being taken care of and our security forces are engaging the insurgents in a fierce battle, which is worthy of commendation,” he said.
He urged residents of the state to stop creating what he called unnecessary panic among the people through rumour.
He said 2,000 residents that fled to Maiduguri from Bama since yesterday had been moved to the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) orientation camp in the state capital to join other displaced persons, and a secondary school in the metropolis.






